The Most Beautiful Striped Green in the World
Malachite is the product of the alteration of minerals, that it contains (about 55% copper), caused of the air. The most important deposits are found in the Urals. Malachite was used by the ancient Romans and Greeks to make jewels and amulets with particular belief the protection afforded by the stone to children.
- COMPOSITION: carbonate mineral
- CRYSTAL SYSTEM: monoclinic
- HARDNESS: 3,5 - 4
- SPECIFIC WEIGHT: 3,75 - 3,95
- COLOR: bright green, dark green, emerald green
- LUSTRE: from vitreous to adamantine and sericea